The New Year, 2016 has just begun. What makes 2016 unlike any other new year aside the hopes and aspirations it comes with for everyone? It is the year we get to choose the direction our country should go for the next four years. Towards the end of this year, we will be electing a new president, and new members of parliament, which means we have choices to make:
- The choice to support the party we like
- The choice to elect our new leaders in the most peaceful way that we always have
- The choice to strengthen our democracy and continue to be the beacon of hope for other countries in Africa and the rest of the world
- The choice to decide the environment we want our children to grow in
- The choice to result to violence and destroy everything that we have ever worked for, and deepen the woes of the vulnerable and marginalized in society
We know that you do not want the last choice, because there are more things that unite us than divide us. Elections will come and go, but the spirit of oneness that holds the Ghanaian fabric together is much stronger now than ever. However, it comes with a price, a price that we can only afford if and only if, we value other people’s choices. At Choice Ghana, we do not only believe that everyone has a choice, we also value the choices of others.
We value your choices. Please value the choices of others for a peaceful election, for mother Ghana and for our future. Thank you for reading and sharing.